CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

EUREKA!

Last Sunday, my friend Jazmin and I were sitting at lunch after church. During the conversation we were asking what the other was doing for the rest of the day...neither had any plans that were too exciting. SO, we decided to hit the road...didn't really have a plan, just loaded up and started driving...should we go hiking? Eureka Springs? Branson Outlet Malls? Oh the options were endless. As we were sorting through the pros and cons, we decided to go to Eureka Springs as she had never been there before. So, off to Eureka Springs we went. We drove an hour literally over the river, through the woods, and around the mountains. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon! Here are a few pics of the day...


Christ of the Ozarks. It was hand carved by the same architect that carved Mt Rushmore. This statue is on the grounds of the Great Passion Play and overlooks the city of Eureka Springs.

This is Jazmin. She just bought a "fancy' camera (the same one as I have) and she was practicing. She took a good shot and was celebrating a little here...


One of the streets in downtown Eureka Springs (also known as little Switzerland)
This is the window display of a shop downtown...notice that it was a Christian clothing store! Check out "Jesus is my BFF"
The BEST place in Eureka to practice taking pictures is The Crescent Hotel. It is has beautiful grounds and a very full, colorful history. Check it out here.
Jazmin and her husband, Eric, adopted a little boy in 2007. We took Tommy along with us for this trip and we enjoyed him so much! He turned out to be a good subject for photographing...you can tell he's very camera shy...lol!






These are some of my favorite stills...






Last week was one for the books. You've heard of the "raging hormonal witch"? Imagine that x100 and you get the idea...by Friday, I was at the very end of my rope. There wasn't anything that I could do to pull me out of my bad attitude(!)...until Jaz called. She was pulling together a few friends to head to the lake. I told her I couldn't go because of my workload that needed to be finished, but she reminded me that there was a reason that I get off work at noon on Friday's in the summer..."it would be alright" to take a few hours off and go to the lake. And how right she was! The lake was just the attitude adjustment I needed....here are a few action shots...

Eric pulling the Melissa on the tube with the other girls along for the ride

"Spotter" Will

Francene and her twin girls, Emily and Elizabeth

The girls patiently waiting on the tube for their turn in the water (didn't want the boys to get to the tube before them!)

Eric having "Eric time" after the kids were completely worn out!

1 comments:

Debra said...

Hey, I enjoyed that "trip" through your lenses (sp!!!) I have always heard about Eureka Springs but have never taken the trip. And, the lake, glad you decided to go.
Love you,