CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yesterday, my office had it's annual Christmas lunch at PFChangs. We all had a great lunch and a good time! One of the "activities" during lunch actually required some pre-work on all of our parts. The activity was to describe in a couple words or a sentence every person in the office. It was tough to find a few extra minutes to jot down a few thoughts about my co-workers as we are all so busy right now, but we all participated and found that it was worth the effort. I just had to share some of the descriptions of me...

1 - Willing to go the extra mile
2 - Delightful
3 - Southern Charm
4 - Southern Firecracker
5 - Dedicated
6 - Fun-loving, Very Smart, Kind-hearted
7 - Energetic
8 - Professional (seriously??)
9 - World Traveler, Good Southern Girl, Involved in Community
10 - Organized, Quietly funny (me? funny?...an oxymoron)
11 - Mississippi Mafia (this is one that made me laugh out loud several times!)
12 - Southern through and through
13 - Vertically challenged (no duh!)
14 - Focused and Energetic
15 - Giving

What this activity taught me was that when you work with people day in and day out, it's very easy to forget to encourage them and tell them what you like about them. I (along with a lot of others) work in an environment where it's more common to focus on what you don't do or didn't do correctly, than the positives. We all had a good time laughing together and enjoying the positive words. I encourage you to exercise an activity of telling others what you like about them!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

They forgot: loving, caring, sincere--and on and on and on!! See you soon!!

Your favorite Dr said...

Hey Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to Central America in Feb.........Lot of work to do. "Trust me, I`m a Dr."