CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vegas-Baby!

Sometimes God just can't help Himself but to make us laugh. I believe that he does this to let us know that he does have a sense of humor and can do anything He wants.

Last week found me in Las Vegas...on a work trip. A few days before I left, my Mom told me that Savannah and Jarrett would be getting married on March 17- St. Patty's Day. The irony is that I would be out there on a work trip when everyone else would be back home...and I couldn't have planned the timing any better. However, due to the meeting schedule of my trip, I was not going to be able to make the 5:00 ceremony...but God had other plans. My meeting ended at 4:15 and dinner was "on our own." Yes! I was going to be able to make the wedding! I ran upstairs at the Bellagio and literally threw on a dress and finished dressing in the taxi. Of course the Chapel of Flowers was on the opposite end of the strip as my hotel, but what is last minute opportunity without a little drama! I felt like I was in a tv show or something...ha! BUT, at 5:05, the taxi wheeled in the parking lot and I slid into the pew right before Savannah was to walk down the aisle! Whew! Thank you Jesus for making things just work out inspite of ourselves!

The only pictures I was able to take were on my Blackberry...of course I forgot my camera in the hotel because I was in a rush. But nonetheless, I was able to document the occasion! Don't they look beautiful?


The weather in Vegas was perfect! It was in the mid-70s all week and the sun shined gloriously all day long! It was such a welcomed thing after NO sunshine in Arkansas for many, many weeks. The highlight of my trip was the helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon. Thank you Maverick Aviation (Henderson, NV) for an awesome experience! If you are ever in the Vegas area, I strongly encourage you invest in this adventure. It's the ONLY way to see the Canyon (oh, and Hoover Dam/Lake Meade, also...)

On Friday when we landed in Rogers, we learned that we were in for a big surprise over the weekend....yep, a snow storm. And snow we got....INCHES of it! Some reports said 12 inches, others said 7 inches. Either way, the first day of spring was spent indoors in front of the fireplace. Actually for me, it was spent in bed with fever. I had was I've lovingly coined "the first cousin to the flu." Miserable. Absolutely miserable. Here is the front of my house...I snapped this picture when I DROVE to my mailbox from my garage. Yes...I was sick and didn't have the energy to walk to the mailbox...don't judge...you would have too.

See...God likes to make us laugh. He'll do anything from allowing for a cousin to make it to a another cousin's wedding to snow on the first day of Spring. It is so good to know that God is always making life interesting...

2 comments:

Joddie said...

Saw Savannahs mom, Debra, & she was soooo glad you were able to make it even tho it wasn't a planned thing...That's our God, giving us blessings before we are even aware! LOVE THAT GOD OF MINE! Glad you made it home and pray you are feeling better.

Barbara said...

Glad you got to attend the event; Josh's favorite thing is the Hoover Dam. I don't know if he's flown over it though. He did a project on it one time. Been there several times. Guess you've had enough snow to last a lifetime. Hope you're much better by now.