CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sarah's Weekend...

The beach....the one place where I have celebrated many seasons of my adult life. It's a place of comfort. Peace. A place where all is forgotten. A place to just be.

All of thse things are typically true....unless you are with 11 other girls celebrating baby sister's last girls weekend before tying the knot!

Everyone travelled to Orange Beach on Friday (I flew) and met at Lulu's for a most entertaining dinner....self-entertained, I might add....if you know the girls in the pictures below, you know that there was much entertainment for all those in earshot, also! We were so loudly laughing and cutting up that we had the ONLY table on the water...outside the main dining area. We were louder than the band at one point...thus the separate seating area. I'll tell you this, though, Lulu's will never forget us :) Did you know that they shut down at 10:00 on Friday night????? What's up with that??? After we shut down Lulu's, the Pink Pony Pub was calling Barrett's name, so off we venture to check out that scene...all I will say about that is that Barrett and Sarah found themselves as the final 2 contestants in a dance contest...

Saturday was AWESOME! I literally stayed in bed all day long...had the doors wide open hearing the waves crash to the shore and "got my nap out" as my grandmother likes to say. The last few months have been tough and I guess I just needed the rest...remember I told you earlier that the beach is a place of tranquil peace for me. I roused long enough to go to lunch at Sea and Suds and take a 2 mile walk on the beach with Stephanie and Elizabeth. The nice thing about this group of girls on the trip is that everyone did their own thing...most spent the day down at the beach and others shopped and I slept :)

Saturday night was a whole other story....we ventured down to the FloraBama. A place of historical and monumental adventures and music for many, many years. All I will say about this night are these things:
1 - A good time was had by all!
2 – The mullet is still alive and well in certain parts of this world…and it will attempt to get you…
3 - Sarah found her way to the stage and had the whole place singing her name....we were outside talking and heard the entire upper deck and staging area singing "Sa-rah"...as she was working the lights and dancing all around.
4 - Let it never be said that you can go anywhere without running into someone who knows someone from Meadville! We got to talking to a group of people in the outside tent and they were friends of Dan Scarbrough from Jasper, AL....it all goes to show you just never know who'll you meet...

Sunday morning was off to a very early start. I woke up at 8:00 and found that everyone else was up and PACKING! The entire condo was cleared out and wheels up by 9:30! These girls had some serious shopping on the brain...after a nice home-cooked meal from Ducks, of course :)

I got to spend Sunday late afternoon and night with my best friends from Mobile. I lived there for almost 5 years and it is just like home to me. Some things are just good for the soul. These friends are just that....family. I wish I had a picture, but we had such a good time catching up that I didn't even get a picture! Next time....

Here are a few pics...they are "G" rated, so don't worry about hiding small children's eyes....
To see all the pics, you'll have to visit my MySpace page.




The Sullivan Girls:
Jasmine, Stephenie, Stephanie, Sarah and Elizabeth
Cassie, Leslie, and Jazzy

Cassie and Leslie C

Jasmine, Steph, Stephanie, and Barrett

Sarah and Leslie C

THE ENTIRE GROUP at the FloraBama

Sarah OnStage at the FB!


The Band Leader instructing the crowd how to cheer/sing Sarah....

What is so funny Jazzy??



Little Sister and Big Sister


Stephanie, Sarah and Elizabeth


Myself, Stephanie, Sarah, and Elizabeth


0 comments: