CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Twister

This photo might not mean anything to you, but it is quite scary to me. While I was in Mississippi last weekend for Sarah's graduation, this twister formed within eyesight of my house. A friend took this picture from the clubhouse deck of Shadow Valley Country Club (across the street from my subdivision, Hearth Stone). God was so good to us that it did not bring any damage to the Hearth Stone neighborhood. However, the school about a mile away did not fare so well. The funnel cloud path was about 100 yards wide. We dodged a bullet again this time. Thank-you, Lord!


2 comments:

Joddie said...

What a scary picture! I'm so glad you were not home alone with this so near. THANK YOU LORD for taking care of my friend and those she has grown close to!
Y'all have really had some kind of weather.
Keep your eyes and ears open girlfriend!

Barbara said...

I have been worried about you and your neighborhood during all this weather. Glad you were not there and also glad the good Lord spared your area. I'm sorry about the school. I hope no children were hurt.