CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

What a week! I cannot believe that Thanksgiving was over a week ago and I am just now posting about it. This week has been absolutely crazy busy!

To highlight my Thanksgiving, I will simply say that it was one of the best yet. Not only was my first niece, Callie, born, but I also got to have a quality visit with my extended family at the Lake. This year was the "off" year where those that rotate between our family and in-laws went to the in-laws. So....for those of us who were at the Lake, we really got a lot of one-on-one time. It was great!

Another great bonus to last week was the early arrival of my cousin's daughter, Addison. As I was going home to Meadville on Monday (before T-giving), I stopped by the hospital to see Dana, my cousin. She felt that when she went to her Doctor that morning, that she would not go home, but rather stay at the hospital. So, about 6:30 when I stopped by to check on her, I was met by Dana's Mom, Patsy, running to the lobby to get the rest of the family. Baby Addison about to be delivered. It was neat to hit that "perfect timing" mark. I'd never been to a delivery before. It was a very special moment to witness Chris (Dana's husband) walk out with the brand new Addison Reese!

Speaking of babies...which seem to be the ongoing theme...I got to meet my "new" cousin, Kale. He is the 6-mo old son of my cousin Summer. They live just outside of Chattanooga. Because of the distance, none of us had met him before last week when they came home for Thanksgiving. He's such a cute baby boy! For those of you that know my Uncle Tim, know that Kale is the spitting image of him.....

This week has been so harried. It was attributed to EVERTHING happening within the last 5 days. The few days after a holiday are always crazy at work, I had "double-header" buyer appointments yesterday afternoon, bought Christmas for a single-parent family that my friend, Sarah, and I support each year, planned a Sustainer Cocktail Party for Junior League that is tonight, AND went to the Casting Crowns Christmas Celebration (tickets bought a while back when I had NO idea that this week would be so busy!!). Needless to say, I will be very happy when the party if over tonight and I can "crash and burn" until Monday. Seriously.

Here are a few links to pictures. I just can't choose which ones I want to use here, so I'll just use them all! Enjoy -
Note: I have never linked to Snapfish before on this blog. If you don't have a log-in, it's worth creating one as I LOVE to use their service to develop pictures.

2 comments:

Joddie said...

You are covering the whole spectrum of life...babies, work, play! I do hope you enjoy the concert, it should be a good one! Hope you come back more blessed and rested from having been there.
Love ya!

amy said...

Glad you enjoyed the time with family and took pics!!!