CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tour of Homes

I have seen this concept on on several blogs and think it is fantastic! With all of us living here and yon, it is a great way to share our Christmas Deco and sentimental pieces with our friends. So, here goes my house:


This is my entry way table with my Santa's. Each one was given to me by either a friend or my Mom. My favorite is the Pickenpaugh Santa made by Merry Pickenpaugh in Madison, MS. (Mother of my cousin, Brandee) I keep waiting for her to make more so that I can expande my collection....so, if anyone sees them, please let me know!

These loaves of bread and ornaments were "favors" given to my "Football Family" last weekend when I hosted. The bread is something that I enjoy making (and they supposedly love eating) and the Fleur de Lis is representative of my favorite NFL team, the Saints, my infamous tradition of the Annual Mardi Gras Party, but most importantly the Trinity. Christmas is an appropriate time to remember the development of this.


This is my Christmas Tree in the front windows of the house. You cannot see the lights, but I assure you they are on!

My mantle. Each year I do something different. To me, the house is not decorated until my mantle is illuminated. I love this part of my house. My Mom painted the painting about 2 years ago. It's a 50" canvas. Sitting in my living room at night with nothing but the mantle and Christmas Tree lit is very peaceful.

In the Kitchen I have a Christmas Card Tree that holds all my Christmas Cards that I receive throughout the season. I love it more and more as the cards start to fill in the spaces. It reminds me of my friends and family that love me enough to share a $.43 stamp! I am trying to figure out how to preserve them each year, so if you have any suggestions let me know!

This is the guest bathroom. These snowmen were given to me by my friend, Courtney. She LOVES snowmen and for whatever reason she gave me these 3 that were hers...

This, above all other Christmas decorations I have, is my favorite. This Nativity set is so very special to me. It was handmade by Prudence McGehee of Meadville. The set is complete and it only displayed in places where I know I (or anyone else that visits) cannot bump or knock over. It was a limited edition that is no longer made. I love this set because I know its creator so well AND it reminds me of our creator who made us all!

Gumdrop Trees. Each year I strive to make something festive and edible. I am usually hosting a party and want something "new" to serve. This year, it's the gumdrop trees for the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Gumdrop Trees are a tradition in my family that was started by my Grandaddy Joseph. As a kid we would make these with him and those particular memories are so strong this year. I just had to make them. I hope they will travel well to MS...if not, guess we'll just have to recreate them :)
I hope that each of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed, Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the gumdrop trees. You need to tell me how to do that - I know some kids that would love it.

Stephenie said...

Super easy...just buy the styrofoam cylindars of varying heights, 10 bags of gumdrops (spice drops) and 2 boxes of toothpicks. Snap the toothpicks in half and stick the broken end into the gumdrop so that the point will go into the styrofoam easily. Garnish with marshmallows on bottom (resembles snow). As for the color scheme on the trees, just alternate in no particular order around the trees, not up and down. It's much prettier that way.

Barbara said...

Love the gumdrop tree. When I was little, my grandmother had a plastic tree made just for the gumdrops. Wish I could find one now. When you bring Grandaddy the trees, bring me the snowmen!! I love them too. Your mantle-in fact, the whole home is beautiful!! Can't wait to see you.