CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

2 Day Catch Up

On Wednesday, day 3 of the ice storm, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Cabin Fever was settling in and I needed some fresh air. Here are a few shots that I took.

Fence on the side of my house

Neighbor's front yard (they live on the corner of an intersection in the neighborhood)

Same neighbor's side yard.
This morning, I ventured into work. I left at 8:30, but feared that the ice that had melted yesterday during a few hours of sunshine would be "black ice" this morning....it wasn't a great drive, but it was beautiful and I enjoyed seeing a few things in route to the office --- that is only a mere 3 miles away. The sun had not come up yet and the view was breathtaking. I was listening to High Road's record and the song, "The Love of God" was playing. Sarah's "country" voice was perfect for this morning....I got chills.

Field across the street from my neighborhood


Road leading down to the office. You can see my building on the left. The Interstate is on the right (can't really see it)

As the sun came out today, the ice started to melt....and with it, the vehicles would slide backwards on their own...a little scary, actually as there are cars BEHIND that vehicle!




3 comments:

Barbara said...

Still beautiful-hope folks are doing ok.

Joddie said...

It's not fun going through that but you took some beautiful pictures! I love the one with the barn in the field. Glad you faired well.

amy said...

the pictures are beautiful! Jeremy has RSV, which is like a very bad cold in your lungs, very bad. hope you have/had lights during all this to stay warm. take care