CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Ice Storm

Well....I have complained recently about how NW Arkansas has had no "bad weather". We always have had several "snow days" by now and until yesterday, we have had none. Well....be careful for what you wish for! I, along with several other co-workers, were supposed to be headed to Miami this morning for a Market Tour. I have never visited Miami, so I have been exceptionally excited about this trip.

Yesterday at 1:00 everyone from our office was sent home due to icy roads. School was dismissed at noon. This storm rolled in faster and worse than expected. I have been glued to the weather channel and Delta.com watching the flight status. All flights at XNA were cancelled...except Delta #5111! Can you believe it? In fact, it STILL says "on time." So, this morning I was up bright and early trying to put together a game plan...there is NO WAY I could make it to the airport. In fact, the car service called this morning to cancel my pick-up. They couldn't even get cars deiced enough to get in them...much less on the road! Needless to say, I did not leave for Miami this morning and am currently re-scheduled for later this afternoon (and that flight is not looking very promising...)

Here are a few pics from my front door. I cannot get out on the concrete because it is so slick! One thing I have realized, though, is that these pictures do not even begin to truly depict reality....But for now, it's all I've got....
As I type this, the power is blinking. I am hoping and praying that the power doesn't go out. But if it does, may God bless my gas logs and gas oven/stove!

Looks are deceiving...that is a solid sheet of ice!

Grass.

Think I need gutters?


1/2 in of ice on these plants....at least that's what it looks like from my eye.

1 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Stephenie! I hope you get to go to Miami! We had friends that were supposed to fly out of XNA for Barbados today - My fingers are crossed for all of you. Seriously - this is some bad weather!