CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out.....TODAY

The last 2 days have been dreary, cold and a little frightening...layers and layers of ice coated NW Arkansas Monday and Tuesday. Finally at 8:00 last night, the freezing rain and sleet turned into snow. The storm has passed. About 60,000 households are without power. Springdale, AR is officially declared as a disaster zone. There are more downed trees than upright ones. Powerline poles have snapped in half everywhere. Somehow, my neighborhood has been shielded from all of this. I have power, gas logs/appliances, cable, Internet & phone. God has been good to me.

Here are a few pics from my house. I've not ventured too far from the driveway. There is still a very thick layer of ice beneath the new snow. I can hear it crack sometimes when I walk. The only vehicles that I have seen driving in the neighborhood are 4-wheel drives and Jeep Wranglers. No one is working in an office....at least no one in my neighborhood!

Neighborhood shot: looking South
Blue Sky...a welcomed sight today!




The kids are loving this weather...."sledding" through the streets.

You can't really tell it, but these icicles are about 2.5ft long

My fence on the side of the house....just thought this was cool.

You can tell that the sun is slowly starting to melt things today....this should show you just how much ice has been accumulating

The mess known as my front flowerbed...the tree fell over on top of everthing!

The infamous berries that I keep snapping pictures of....this is the true proof of the ice progression since Monday.

Isn't it cool how the ice and snow hits everthing on top, but can leave things green underneath? This is the tree that fell over....nothing snapped, broke or cracked in the bark. I think it may be salvageable???

5 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful photos!

melanie said...

Love the pics! They are beautiful!

Barbara said...

As beautiful as it is I know it's dangerous for everyone. Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Steph, Love the pictures ~ It's been a while since I've been on your site so it was great to see all the Christmas pictures of your family and of course, TPT! Miss you ~ Hope you're home SAFE and WARM!!!!

amy said...

the fence picture is my fav but i like the berry one too