CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another Arkansas Saturday Night....Gala style

This past weekend was a wonderful event...The Children's Museum Gala. My friends, Gina and Courtnie, are well connected to this organization and invited all of us to attend the Gala. Charity events are a dime a dozen here in NW Arkansas, but very few are as formal as this Gala. We all have been so excited to have a reason to get all dressed up. This night out has been a long time coming and we were not disappointed! The "icing on the cake" was that our table was front and center. Thanks to Jason, Courtnie's husband and chair of the gala. We had the best seats on the house to watch the dancers perform. The entertainment for the night was Dancing with the Stars. Local "stars" have been practicing a dance with a local professional dancer. There were many unique cha-cha's, mambo's, fox trots, waltzes, etc....I don't remember who won, but I know that we had a good time watching them dance!

Traditionally before any event, we all meet at my house beforehand. This weekend was no exception. Here are a few pics of us before we left the house.


Courtnie, Courtney, Steph, Julie




Ross warming up and getting ready to get his groove on.....

Jason & Courtnie
We didn't get to see Jason until the night was well underway. He did a great job at the Gala!

Courtney & Ross

Julie & Brian

As you probably noticed, I did not have a date for this Gala...it's a long story and not worth repeating. However, I have THE BEST friends and I ended up having a GREAT time with them. This night was a big step for me, though. I did something that I really wanted to do all by myself and did not let the appearance of things stop me. I had a great time with really good friends. I love you all!

8 comments:

Haley said...

Glad y'all had fun. We were going to go to this, but had a hard time getting any information outside of what was in the ad. I'm on one of the committees for the Children's Museum and thought it would be fun to go. We didn't get the information that we needed until it was too late to worry about a dress and a tux, so we ended up going to Fayetteville to eat crawfish at Cafe Rue! You look great! Love the hair!

amy said...

i'm so glad you went and had fun. you look beautiful!
:)

Samantha said...

I love, love, love the dress!! You look so beautiful!! Glad you had such a great time!

amywelborn said...

Looks like fun! Ya'll looked beautiful!

Barbara said...

Somebody somewhere missed out on a beautiful date!! I'm glad you had an awesome time because you were fantastically beautiful!!

Leigh Ann said...

You were gor-ge-mous!!! (I personally think you have MORE fun without dates!) ; )

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty, love the dress too. Beth W

Beth Larkin said...

What a fun night! There is always the "little girl" in us that loves to get all dressed up. You all looked so beautiful! :D