CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Arkansas Saturday Nights

There are a lot of catch-ups in which I need to share pictures. However, I will only post about 2 here as I need to get back to work! Here goes....


This past Saturday Night, my Arkansas family went to Monte Ne Chicken (pronunciation: Monte'-Nay). This local restaurant is about 20 minutes from Rogers at the lake. Monte Ne is family owned and has been around forever! There is only 1 menu option: fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, whole-kernel corn (my fav), white bean soup, homemade bread with apple butter and cobbler for dessert - all served family style. This place is amazing...it's the only country restaurant I know that requires reservations and after eating the delicious dinner, I understand why!


The group (L-R and clockwise)

Courtney, Jazmin, Tommy (baby), Jason, Melissa, Carson,

Will, Keaton, Ross, Eric, Courtnie, and me.


Too cute not to post! That Tommy is so cute! He was not very happy and when I pulled out the camera to take a "fussy picture", he perked right up with a big cheezy grin...too cute!
This picture says it all....Keaton LOVES fried chicken and he was in Heaven!
A few weeks ago was girls night out. My favorite band, Boom!Kinetic, played at George's in Fayetteville. A co-worker hooked us up with a table and we had a fantastic night! The only person missing was Courtney as she loves them as much as me. In case you've not heard B!K play before, they are an 80's cover band and are awesome! They always have a vast crowd follow them wherever they play. If they come to a town near you, go hear them!



Ashley, Sarah, and Lindsey



Wendy, Steph, Nancy


Jazmin & Steph

3 comments:

Joddie said...

You have been having a great time! Did you and your friends plan the "black" shirt night?! The homestyle cooking sounds real good...especially the fried chicken, green beans, corn, and well ALL OF IT!!! I guess you felt at home there.
love ya! Don't work too hard.

Heather said...

you party girl...

Barbara said...

You always have the best time! The menu sounds like Cotton Branch--only so much better cause someone else fixed it! My favorite thing--reservations!!