CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Darius

My company is the main corporate sponsor for The Amp, a summer concert series in NW Arkansas. Last Friday night was our "team night" and we were treated to a not only our regular VIP passes, but backstage "meet & greet" passes! This concert was none other than the one and only Darius Rucker, AKA "Hootie" from Hootie & the Blowfish. I have to admit that I had very low expectations of this concert and almost didn't go. However, I had already invited 3 friends to go with me AND it was a beautiful day/evening and certainly didn't need to be wasted. I am so glad that I did go because it was THE BEST CONCERT! He played a little of everything...from Hank/Merle/David Allan Coe to classic Hootie and the Blowfish to Prince. He closed the concert with Purple Rain...

The picture below is from the Meet-&-Greet. We went through so fast that I barely remember getting a picture made (Thanks Heather!).




Bailey, Wendy, and Me
Ashley is missing from this pic...don't know where she was!
We were enjoying the beautiful evening outdoors at the Amp...good friends, good food, good music, good weather. Just doesn't get any better than that!


2 comments:

Joddie said...

WOW! I bet that was a great concert! Looks like you had a good time. Glad the weather was good, that does make a big difference.
Great pictures of you with that pretty smile.

Barbara said...

I look forward to seeing the sign at the next concert!!! In NYC, I might add!!!