CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Great Weekend!

There seems to be a redundant theme right now...work hard during the week and play hard on the weekend. It has been 2 years since I've had company from "down home" and who could have guessed that not only would my parents and grandparents come visit this month, but also my Great Aunt and Uncle from Baton Rouge! It was so good to see them and visit without a lot of other folks around (you all may know what a large family that I have...on BOTH sides)! Uncle Earlie had an Army Reunion in Branson last week and they were glad that they could slip in a visit with their favorite great-niece :)

Saturday afternoon, after my Aunt and Uncle left, I got a nice surprise of having the WHOLE day to myself! I had no obligations to schedule my time. So since the weather was absolutely wonderful, I called my neighbor and we went for a walk and then a late lunch with our other friend, Sarah. It so nice to actually get to sit outside, not be in a hurry to go anywhere and just visit. Blissful. I later went to Hobby Lobby to explore the world of Fondant....stay tuned for my next project :)

Sunday was my day to host Fantasy Football. The League is made up of friends that I have had since I moved to Rogers. We all moved here about the same time and most everyone moved here with Kraft. We rotate hosting duties every Sunday and it's a beautful thing. Some of you may wonder why I am in Fantasy Football since I am typically not a NFL fan, but rather a college football nut. Well, I enjoy these friends that are in the League and wanted to participate. But since I am not a NFL kind of girl and wanted to particpate in this FF League, I was in need of a bookie to get my team up and running. There is only 1 person that I know that I would call to help with such a task....a 7-year old football genius. Keaton can tell you stats on every player and, in fact, most of the men ask Keaton football advice! Amazing. Sunday morning is the deadline for picking the week's lineup, so Sunday mornings usually go like this: Keaton - gets up, pours his chocolate milk and logs onto Yahoo! Sports to pick the week's lineup. Steph - call Keaton around 11:00a.m. to see how the "pick" went. So far, we are 4-2 and Keaton is doing an awesome job! We are in 2nd place (1st place is Cloyd's Crushers - Keaton's Mom/Dad). I'm telling you, this kid is SHARP! Since this Sunday was my week to host, Keaton called and asked if he could help me cook. He came over we had a ball! He decorated cookies and cut vegetables. Good times!

Aunt Edna Young and Uncle Earlie getting in their car to head home
Bookie/Chef Keaton

Keaton's Favorite Cookie..black cat with all kinds of stuff on it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your life! You're a ball of fun! I miss you so much, my friend.

Joddie said...

WOW, a bookie/chef..what more could you want!
Fondant...keep me posted on that. I've wanted to work with it, so has Madge, but we just haven't taken that step as of yet. We LOVE to watch ACE OF CAKES and see them use it.
LOVE YA!

amy said...

sounds like you had another fabulous weekend.
:)