CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh Where To Begin....

The last seven days have been nothing short of a blur...and lots of fun! I have been in five states and two time zones in the last week. I left out on Monday headed to Atlanta, spent a few hours in the market and then flew to Orlando that afternoon and stayed until Wednesday morning. I then flew to Dallas and then back to NW Arkansas Thursday morning. Lots of early morning flights and late nights. I was all around so much working on a special project. It was an ambitious schedule to accomplish all that was required, but I did it in record time!

Wednesday night, my parents and grandparents came to NW Arkansas to spend a few days/nights with me. They were eating breakfast when I finally arrived on Thursday morning. They came because Mom had a CEU class at the Chateau in Branson. When you mention Branson to my grandparents, they are fully on-board for a road trip! We had a great visit and "mini-vacation" (if you can call it that) in Branson. I had to work all day Thursday and Friday, but at least I was able to work remotely and spend time with my family. It's been two years since they last visited and it was GREAT to have them visit again!

A few "highlights" of my week include: a rainy trek to Kennedy Space Center in Florida (didn't even get out of the car it was raining so hard...couldn't even see the launch pad!...will definitely have to return one day), Tour of Southfork Ranch in Parker, Texas, Dinner with my cousin, Jeff at Pappadeaux's in Dallas, time with family in Branson, and celebrated the 1st birthday of Tommy Taylor. This young boy is all of ours...or so we think! He was adopted by a wonderful family who has become family to me over the last 1.5 years. Pictures below....


SouthFork Ranch - Parker, Texas
It is MUCH smaller than you think....the outside of the house is the only "original" part of the house used in the TV Series, "Dallas". Lots of wide-angled lenses and "tricks" made this seem like a 50,000 acre ranch and 5,000 sq/ft mansion!




Mom, Dad, Mamawgran and Grandaddy outside of the Chateau-on-the-Lake in Branson


Football Sunday....pic of the girls helping Tommy celebrate his birthday while gabbing and cheering on the NFL for the sake of our Fantasy Football League (my team is currently 4-0!)
L-R: Steph, Kelly, Courtney, Kara, Julie

Tommy....cake never tasted so good.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl- you have beeen busy!!! hope your project was a success.

Southfork is much smaller, i love DALLAS!!

melanie said...

Wow!! How do you find time to sleep? The pics of Germany were wonderful. That looks like it was an amazing trip. I am liking this new world of blogging. It is so good to be able to keep up with friends that you aren't able to see very often. Thanks for sharing!