CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Christmas Music

Christmas music and Halloween weekend typically do not go hand-in-hand, but last week when I was in Wal-Mart I passed the Christmas music display. I love good Christmas music. It's my favorite season of the year and I wish it lasted more than just 3.5 weeks. As I was standing in front of the display, I picked up FOUR Christmas albums that I knew were to be "winners". I purchased them (rather impulsively, I might add) and immediately loaded the CD changer in my car...in the parking lot! Did I mention that the date was Oct 29...right before Halloween?? Crazy, I know. On Oct 30, I was driving down to Mississippi (9.5 hour road trip) and the thought of listening to my FOUR new Christmas albums just got me all excited about the time on the road. Now, I've trekked this trip many times over the last 2.5 yrs that I've lived in Arkansas and have gotten pretty creative on how to keep myself entertained. But on this trip, I listened to my FOUR albums the entire time, specifically the Casting Crowns Christmas Album, Peace on Earth. If you do not have it, BUY IT! It's the best $13 you'll spend this year on Christmas music. Here are the links to my Four albums:

Casting Crowns Christmas - Peace on Earth (favorite)
Faith Hill - Joy To The World
Brian Setzer - Christmas Rocks
Amy Grant - Christmas Collection

One thing I realized after the 20 hours of road-time Christmas Music Fest: this music lifts my spririts and brings an immediate peace over me. Maybe it's my hectic, stressful, fast-paced lifestyle that desires something calm, or maybe it's that I truly understand why this music exists. Either way, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and I hope that you are getting into the spirit, too.

Merry early Christmas!

5 comments:

amy said...

THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR. NORMALLY THE TREE GOES UP OCT. 31!!
LOVE CHRISTmas--- LOVE IT

Joddie said...

I do LOVE this time of year! I wish all us folks could keep this feeling all year. Yesterday I tried to find the Casting Crowns CD without any luck...but I WILL get it!! Thanks for putting their link on here.
I've thought a lot about your traveling and wondered how you kept entertained...my question now is...Do you sing loudly while enjoying the good music? :)
Love ya!

Stephenie said...

I usually get an audio book from Cracker Barrel. The time flies!

Barbara said...

I did the same thing [only with the cheap ones!] but those are on my iTunes list!! Can't beat Christmas music for making you very happy!! Stay safe!

Unknown said...

Just listened to some of the songs.....LOVE THEM!!! Thanks!!