CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Around About the Meadville Way

Those of you who know me well, know that when I go home to Mississippi, it is a whirlwind and every single minute is jammed packed...lots of early mornings and late nights. And for the last 2 years, every trip home has been for an "event" and not "just because." This trip was no exception! The purpose of this trip was for a Grandparents Shower for my Mom and Dad. Baby Girl Sullivan will be born the week of Thanksgiving (parents: Chris & Stephanie). My sister and I decided to give a Grandparents Shower for Mom and Dad, but because it was such a "different" event, we kept it to just a few close friends and family. However, after the fact, we should have invited so many more people because it was SO MUCH FUN!!! More on that later...
Bonus' of the weekend included: quality time with my cousin Jasmine running errands in Jackson, a very "beneficial" trip to Gail Pittman, lunch with my Mamaw Sullivan to celebrate her birthday, a trip to MUMC Annual Bazaar that included West Side Burgers by the infamous Mark West, and the triple added bonus was seeing Ms. Anna after many years of her living on the East Coast!! (Check out this site for more on the MUMC Bazaar as you will want to make plans to attend next year!) I also got to spend quality time with Ben and Cindy in which I was gifted with a Homochitto Wompas Cats Cycling Cap that was monogrammed with my name on it!!! Serious motivation for getting in shape for the MS Ride next year (150 miles...)

Here are a few pics from the weekend:

I am "powering up" for the shopping adventure in Gail Pittman
(and ultimately a VERY full day ahead)
Ms. Anna just arriving to MUMC...isn't she beautiful???

Yes, I made this cake....

Mom and Dad trying to unscramble baby words at the Shower
Look at the concentration on Mom's face...

Aunt Edna, Uncle Earlie, Mamawgran & Grandaddy doing their best to name baby items for each letter of the alphabet

Sharyn, Cindy, Judy and Mamaw Sullivan reciting Nursery Rhymes

No telling what is transpiring among these 4:
Lisa, Sarah, Elliot, and Chris
The "Big Bottle Prize" Winners: Dale and David Cox
They won 2 out of the 4 word games
("Big Bottle" was a calf bottle filled with candy...yes, the one used in the Children's Sermon on Sunday at MUMC)

Family Group Pic:
Uncle Earlie, Dad, Grandaddy, Mom, Mamawgran, and Aunt Edna

Seriously....putting together a Pack-n-Play is NO easy task these days...
It took Joddie and I over an hour to assemble this piece of work!!! This is one mack-daddy of a Pack-n-Play, though. It will sing, rock, vibrate, give off a light show, and entertain baby in one place.
My cycling cap...wasn't it nice of Ben to have my name put on it??? Guess I am committed to the MS Ride next October....aye, aye, aye!

3 comments:

amy said...

What a great idea to have a Grandparent Shower. sounds like you all had a great time. Going to Meadville is like NO place on EARTH---

i look forward to your next adventure....

Anonymous said...

I'm getting over that you were so close and I didn't get to see you........looks like you were super busy. The shower looks like fun! Grandparent showers are great ideas so the parents don't have to take everything to the grandparents house everytime they visit. Good job Steph!

Christy said...

That is so much fun! And another fabulous cake!