CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cycles & Sandi

Cycles....seems that my life is made up of cycles. Right now it seems that my life is in the cycle of dealing with change. Change is the one constant in life, but isn't it nice when things stay the same for a little while? Just when I get used to something, it changes. Just when I make a really good friend, he/she moves. Just when I think that I am on the right track, I'm not. Just when I think everything is "as it should be", I realize that I am living in a dream. In the midst of all this impending change right now, my soul thirsts for something calm, comforting and familiar. The unknown is sometimes more daunting than it should be...especially when you're a Christian and have faith that everything is okay. It's hard to keep focus of that. As I see people around me moving into different stages of their lives and how mine may or may not compare (yes, I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves with others...). But, it's almost impossible not to take a hard, honest look at yourself when everyone and everything around you seems to be changing. For me, It has been in the last couple of weeks that I have thirsted for the ever-comforting familiar. Music always gets me back there...don't know why, but it does. It goes directly to my soul and strikes a chord like no other. Whether is an old country song or a hymn, music is the channel of the familiar.

All of my life it seems that I have been drawn to the music of GOOD Christian artists. In particular, Sandi Patty. For whatever reason I ran across the Sandi Patty website the other day. Did you know that she has released a new album AND a new book? I enjoyed her book, Broken in the Back Row, but I haven't enjoyed her last few projects all that much. After listening to the sample player, I realized that the "old Sandi" has returned in this latest project. PayPal had a hard time keeping up with how quickly I ordered the new release! UPS delivered my order last night and when I loaded the CD player this morning, you should have seen me wailing in the car...the drivers of the passing cars must've thought I was crazy. It is really good stuff!! It's Beethoven meets John Williams good. It's been a while since Sandi put out such a great record. Click here for a sample of Songs for the Journey. I hope that you enjoy it half as much as I did.

In the end, all that matters in life is that we followed Jesus to the best of our ability. May each of us have faith and never lose the connections in our souls of the familiar in this ultimate life-changing journey.

3 comments:

Joddie said...

Wonder how many of your friends have seen YOU change and blossom in many areas and thought the same about themselves? Cycles are a really good thing because we will learn from others that "cycle" ahead of us and they too will learn from our "cycle". Imagine how bored we would be if we all "cycled" together or the chaos :)
I'm glad you have found the "old and familar" through music. I wish I could have been a driver in the other car to see you "wailing" away...I bet you were cute!
Keep singing and let God keep "cycling".

Jill McCormick said...

I with Joddie on this one, it would be boring if we all "cycled" at the same time! I don't know what you are going through right now, but hang on...I am dealing with some pretty tough stuff right now myself and the only thing that helps me to hang on is knowing I am NOT in control GOD is! I will blog more about this at a later date, but you are in my prayers and please pray for me as a Mom and my sweet Anna! Hang on to the music <><

Barbara said...

Ok, iTunes will get a visit from me tomorrow! I've almost used all my gift certificate. This sounds like the very one to finish it up. Sandi really does it for Jennifer too. Hope to see you soon.